Monday, October 20, 2008

Roadkill

The feel of my arm around your waist,
The pale blue nightdress that you wore.
Your hair in braids, your sailor top:
The things I don't see anymore.

You lost your suitcase in my hotel room,
A subway token from your Ma.
The sun reflecting off the water on your face
And the way you drove your car.

All these things I can't forget
Though I don't see you anymore.

Drove to the airport through a traffic jam;
A deer lay dying in the road.
Maybe I should have seen it as some kind of sign,
Except I don't believe in them no more.

But I believe these things I can't forget,
Though I don't see you anymore.
Yes, I believe these things I can't forget,
´Cause I see them - though I don't see you anymore.

Pulp

2 Comments:

Blogger Thiago Gonçalves said...

Eis que procurava pelo poema: "Poppies in october" da Plath e encontrei umas belas companhias para esse poema amarguinho, até o Auden está por aqui. Gostei!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ana Carolina Braz said...

Que bom! O Poppies é um dos meus favoritos:D

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home